Here's how you can connect your personal email to HubSpot so you can track your sales and service activity.
In HubSpot, you have two types of emails which can be connected:
- Personal email - refers to your personal work email which only you have access to e.g firstname.lastname@example.org (this will not connect your personal non-work email)
- Team email - a generic team email which you want multiple people to have access to e.g. email@example.com
For this article, we will focus on setting up your personal email. This function offers great benefit to both sales and service teams as it allows you to log and track emails directly from your inbox.
To start, click the setting icon in the main navigation bar, then select General, and then go to the Email tab.
- Then click on the 'Connect personal email' button (again, this will not automatically connect your personal non-work email)
- The first screen you'll see will let you know what the connection does and ask you if you want to turn on inbox automation. You can read more about this setting here.
- Next you'll be asked to enter your email address, this allows HubSpot to pick up which email provider you are with.
- The system should pick up the correct email provider but if for any reason it doesn't or your email provider is not Google or Outlook, you have the option to choose a provider.
- Then just select 'Connect to XXX' button and follow the steps. You will be asked to login to your email platform and allow access.